[Exim] Re: anyone have tried to make exim 3.32 working with …

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: anyone have tried to make exim 3.32 working with imap2000 and pine 4.33 ?
+++ shao yong [exim-users] <29/08/01 15:07 +0800>:
> i want to use exim 3.32, imap2000, pine 4.33 on a sgi irix 6.3 system.

3.33 latest

> i want to use gcc 2.95.2 which compiled by sgi and downlaoded from
> freeware.sgi.com

And unless SGI has fixed things, their inet_ntoa() and inet_aton() resolver
libs are broken (resolving everything as 255.255.255.255 if I'm not wrong).
You might have to get error-free files from someplace like the innd package
and use them. [or maybe a fixed library is available at freeware.sgi.com]

> i want set our mail users' mailbox at '/home/some one/mbox',
> ( i think i need to set that in exim runtime configure file )

Yes. Poke around for /var/mail/$local_part in the local_delivery transport.
Change that to /home/$local_part/mbox and then put EXPORT
MAIL=/home/username/mbox in /home/username/.profile (or wherever, depending
on your shell)

> i hope when our mail user use telnet to logon to the mail server,
> system will run pine automatically to let users to process their mails
> that sent by exim to file /usr/some one/mbox .

Put pine in the bashrc or whatever startup script.

> ( i want to change user's shell /bin/csh to /usr/local/pine in /etc/passwd
> )

Dont do that.

> when users use microsoft outlook or other mail client program,
> thay can be serviced by pop3d or imapd ( packeged in imap2000 )

You may have to recompile pop3d / imapd to use ~/mbox instead of /var/mail

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org