[Exim] Re: Help with SMTP AUTH

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Help with SMTP AUTH
+++ NOC - KP^2 [exim-users] <28/08/01 15:37 -0500>:
> I have alot of users that compose offline (eg. only connect in the evening).
> Which, whith Outlook Express, it will try to send those emails before
> Popping (at least in version 4, which was the last one I messed with). So,
> I was just trying to avoid getting any errors thrown to the users was all.
> Like I said, for my application, the single user id/password worked slicker
> than snot on a doorknob (once I got the smtp auth figured).

Oh yes. With dumbass clients like that (IIRC OE5 does it too) the best way
is to set up a "dummy profile" as default, with the same settings, and then
have your actual user profile as another account.

So, you compose mail and save it offline using your actual profile. When
you hit "send and receive" what happens is that the mailbox is popped using
the dummy profile and then OE sends out mail using your actual profile.

Far better - use a client like Eudora. Or Pegasus Mail.

     -suresh