[Exim] Re: Reliability of spool/delivery handling (Linux)?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Reliability of spool/delivery handling (Linux)?
+++ Sheldon Hearn [exim-users] <27/08/01 16:56 +0200>:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:34:40 +0100, Rasputin wrote:
> > It made perfromance on BSD suck, since every byte written caused an
> > fsync() call, despite the fact the at the time FreeBSD mounted it's
> > disks synchronously.
>
> Any BSD administrator worth her salt knows about Soft Updates by this
> stage.

There _was_ a thread on postfix-users and elsewhere about softupdates having
some issues with a large mail spool, IIRC (I don't run postfix - and one of
my friends running postfix told me this after I suggested using
softupdates).

Could somebody confirm whether it is a hassle on exim - for a very large
mail spool (like a million or so mails through the relays, per hour)?

     -suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org