Re: [Exim] Rejecting messages to <>: where do they go?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Greg Ward
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Rejecting messages to <>: where do they go?
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Greg Ward wrote:

> And here is what was logged (in rejectlog) for the rejection of the
> message whose headers I have shown above:

[It was a bounce message with no sender.]

> 2001-08-22 06:26:37 15ZVDY-0007IP-00 rejected (executable attachment)
> 2001-08-22 06:26:37 subject: Projekt pracy 2001
> 2001-08-22 06:26:37 recipients: akuchlin@???
> 2001-08-22 06:26:37 returned to:
>
> So I'm confused: what happens to the reject message -- bit-bucket? Does
> Exim just ignore messages to "<>"? There are no frozen messages in my
> queue.

Because there were so many problems in the early versions, I made the
autoreply transport just do nothing if it ended up with zero recipients.
The manual says this:

If the "autoreply" transport receives return code 2 from Exim when it submits
the message, indicating that there were no recipients, it does not treat this
as an error. This means that autoreplies sent to $sender_address when this is
empty (because the incoming message is a delivery failure report) do not cause
problems.

So yes, it hit the bit-bucket.