[Exim] Rejecting messages to <>: where do they go?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Rejecting messages to <>: where do they go?
I'm curious about what's happening to some of the rejection messages
sent by my system filter. Brief rundown: exim 3.12 on a Debian 2.2
system, with a system filter that catches and rejects a variety of
Windows worms and viruses (based on Nigel's filter, of course). I use
the "mail" command instead of "fail" because it's more flexible, and I
log a couple lines to rejectlog for every viral message caught and
rejected. I also save each rejected message to /var/spool/mail/reject.

Now, some SirCam-infected machines are pretending to send MAILER-DAEMON
messages. Here's an example -- looks like the virus was sent to
webmaster@???, which expands to akuchlin@??? (among
others) -- that's how the message is getting into our mail system.