Re: [Exim] WildCard setup for unqualified addresses

Author: Daniel Powell
To: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] WildCard setup for unqualified addresses
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Phil Pennock wrote:

> On 2001-08-20 at 15:21 -0400, Daniel Powell wrote:
> > I'm trying to create a wildcard alias that will dump any unqualified
> > addresses into a single mailbox.
> >
> > I changed the Seach_Alias to = lsearch*
> >
> > and added a
> >
> > *: username
> >
> > to the aliases file...
> >
> > that only succeeded in making ALL mail go to that box.
> >
> > I've looked high and low and can not seem to find a reference that does
> > what i want. Any thoughts?
>
> Directors are tried in turn; first Director which matches a given mail,
> is used. The aliases file director is typically before the localuser
> director.
>
> Remove the '*' item, change it back to lsearch, and add a new director
> as the last one in the section, so that every other director is tried
> first. Make it something like:
>
> catchall:
> driver = smartuser
> new_address = thetargetusername

Should there be anything in the /etc/aliases ? or will it automagicly
work?

Daniel Powell            A+              djpowell@???
Networkgeek              MCP               http://networkgeek.org
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts
agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer
professionals. We cause accidents." - Nathaniel Borenstein