Re: Fwd: Re: [Exim] Exim Help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Thomas Fini Hansen
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: Fwd: Re: [Exim] Exim Help
On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 11:41:07AM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
> If you specify *.reznet.uleth.ca, it would be trivial for some
> undesirable third party to set up a PTR in their DNS for an IP in their
> network to say whatever.reznet.uleth.ca, and then you would let them
> relay.

So exim looks up the connecting host and compares strings rather than
looking up the name in the config and compare IPs? Or do a forward
lookup of the IP gathered from the reverse lookup to make sure they
match (I'd say that's pretty much required for any DNS based
'authentication', but what do I know?).

--
Thomas
beast@???