Re: [Exim] "Japan arrests woman for email snooping"

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lauri Tischler
A: jon
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] "Japan arrests woman for email snooping"
jon@??? wrote:

> > Whatever it's worth, such operation is totally illegal in Finland.
> > If my boss told me to do that, he would serve some time.
> > If I did that, I would be in the same cell.
>
> Why ?? Whas the difference between regular papermail and email ??

None, thats the point. If I get _personal_ lettermail in the office
thats MY mail and nobody has the right to read it.
Of course if there is a suspicion of false play of some kind,
industrial espionage etc.. then its another story.

> Naturally a boss can get a copy of any work related (e)mails, and
> if the company just considers ALL (e)mails work related, that is,
> forbids any private usage of the company (e)mail system ??

The boss may read the mail if he has the permission of the owner of
the mail (can be defined in the workcontract).
Even in this case if the mail contains private information, nobody
my use such information in anyway.
i.e. If my doctor sent me mail about my bad health and then my
boss would fire me because of that, the boss would be in real shit.
I must be able to prove it, thro..

Now, me as network admin, have all rights to read anything, BUT
only under total confidentiality.

--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin
Tel:    +358-9-47846331        *       Mouse movement detected      *