Re: [Exim] use IP on SMTP HELO instead of foo.bar

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Alberto Cortés
Cc: V. T. Mueller, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] use IP on SMTP HELO instead of foo.bar
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

Er, actually, I don't think that is what he was asking.. He didnt want
to use email addresses of "username@[IP.ad.dr.es]", he wants to be able
to tell exim what argument to use for the HELO command it sends when
making an outbound SMTP connection..

Although, I will note that any host which rejects a normal SMTP HELO
with a domain name or hostname as an argument is BROKEN..

And the answer he wants, is to use the following setting in the SMTP
transport: (Note that this was added since 3.20 - Im not sure when)

helo_data (smtp)

Type: string, expanded
Default: "$primary_hostname"

The value of this option is expanded, and used as the argument for the
EHLO or HELO command that starts the outgoing SMTP session.