Re: [Exim] Reject an email with a user-defined message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Reject an email with a user-defined message
On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:48:33 +0100, Mike Kenyon - David Austin Roses
Limited <mike@???> wrote:
>Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>> You must be talking about the system_filter.
>
>Nope. Two possible ways of integrating a virus checker into Exim is to either
>use a pipe transport through to the virus checker which then squirts clean
>messages back to Exim with the -oMr option. The problem with this is that
>virus checker has to extract the local recipients from the headers (easy
>enough, 49 line sh/awk script).

bsmtp.

>But if the message does not *leave* Exim, but instead is scanned while the
>message is still in the queue then this problem is avoided. With the former
>system, any errors or virus warnings can simply be written on the stdout by
>the scanning program and Exim will return that as an error message to the
>original sender. With the latter system, the queue scanner has to remove the
>message manually.

There is also the system filter, as you say below. Don't mess with the
queue, as this is bound to break if Philip decides to change queue
format.

>A third way would be to call the scanning program from the system filter, but
>calling external programs from a filter I've not learnt to do yet. Much
>research awaits...

You gotta use embedded perl to do that, or write your scanner in perl.

Greetings
Marc