RE: [Exim] Nice way to cut down on spam.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andromeda
A: Exim
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Nice way to cut down on spam.
At 08:47 12/08/2001 +1200, you wrote:
># 202/8 APNIC - Pacific Rim
># 203/8 APNIC - Pacific Rim
># 210/8 APNIC - Pacific Rim
>
>Includes Australia, New Zealand and many of the surrounding Pacific
>nations.

Juha,

that's when you find out which subnets are Australian or NZ or whichever
countries/companies you want to allow connections from, and include them in
a separate list.

I agree with Eric's principle, but yes, it's a bit harsh to just block
entire IP blocks like that. I have a similar config, mine however includes
mostly nets where I have received spam from multiple hosts that specific
/24. I have certain CIDR listings that span over multiple /24's or over
multiple /16's, but they are in a severe minority.

You may want to go through your spam messages and start adding the host IP
addresses to a hosts-blacklist or similar, and run a sort on it once in a
while. If you note multiple hosts in the same /24 subnet, delete them and
add them to a nets-blacklist.

Works for me.

Andromeda

The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/