Re: [Exim] Router and interface questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Router and interface questions
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> > route_list = lsearch;;/etc/exim/mailforward mail.something.de byname

> (Yes, I've read "6.2 An lsearch file is not an item list".)

me too. and the route_list stuff, too. and now i'm confused.

for completeness, i have the following so i can route domains based on
a file (/etc/exim/router) in which entries look like like

doma.in: 1.2.3.4
doma2.in: 5.6.7.8

internal_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts = ${lookup{$domain} partial-lsearch {/etc/exim/router} {$value}}
hosts_override
batch_max = 0
max_rcpt = 1

forw:
driver = lookuphost
transport = internal_smtp
domains = partial-lsearch; /etc/exim/router
self = send

now, as this works ways to well, i decided it's time to break it
apart. i've got some inspiration from philip's reply to jakob's
question, and decided i could even merge these two into one single
domainlist router

the result (after various different tries) looks as this:
(route_list in one line, of course)

go:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = partial-lsearch;;/etc/exim/router ${lookup{$domain}
    partial-lsearch {/etc/exim/router} {$value}} byname

from what i've gathered, this is supposed to work, doesn't it ?

now if i try it:

$ exim -C ./exim.conf -d0 -bt ice@???
ice@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
go router: failed to expand "${lookup{$domain}": missing lookup type

(higher debug levels don't reveal anything more either).

i'm not sure (in fact i don't have the lightest purple haze) where to
look for my bad. the lookup is actually the very same as i'm using in
my currently working setup, so i presume the lookup itself is fine.
the spec on route_list says that host-lists themselves are expanded in
there. where am i going wrong ?

oh, versions: initally tried on a 3.15, but after moving to a 3.31 (i
thought my 3.15 was too old to know this kind of expansion) didn't
get me any further either.

thanks in advance for any advice,

--
[-]