Re: [Exim] Router and interface questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Router and interface questions
----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???>

> > domains = /etc/exim/mailforward
> > route_list = "* mail.something.de bydns_a"
> route_list = lsearch;;/etc/exim/mailforward mail.something.de byname

Which one would you recommend? (Yes, I've read "6.2 An lsearch file is
not an item list".)
Performance is probably a little bit better with the lsearch and I do
not need the "features" of a item list lookup, so I think I'll use the
lsearch thing.

> Note (1) You do need ;; instead of ; because ; is the item separator

in
> a route list.

That's the thing I failed about. I saw in the debug mode Exim splitting
at the ; and escaping with backslash didn't work. Some of Exim's
concepts need a little to get used to.

> Note (2) byname is usually better than bydns_a because it usually also
> searches your hosts file (depending on how your OS is set up).

/etc/host.conf in a standard Linux setup, I think.

PS: Do you have read my original posting? Maybe you know a method to set
the IP address of the delivering processes.