Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Phil Brutsche
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

On Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:56:26 EST, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> > Well of COURSE it's not supported :> Exim can only use protocols that
> > are available to the kernel. If you're kernel doesn't support IPv6,
> > neither does Exim :>
>
> But of course. But it shouldn't be a fatal error if Exim tries to use
> IPv6 when the kernel doesn't support it.

That depends entirely on how your system handles being asked for an
AF_INET6 socket when there isn't IPv6 support. That's why I suggested
compiling a mock-up and confirming that the system is behaving itself.
Which I suspect it is not.

> I still say it's an Exim bug :)

With a little work, you could actually know and say something useful.
:-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.