Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Brutsche
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

> Ah. Philip emailed me about this problem. Unfortunetly, as I don't run
> linux (well till my last weeks install of Mandrake 7.[ugh]), I have'nt
> tested exim-Ipv6 on this.

Uh oh...

[...]

> I have tested this and it works on Net and OpenBSD. So I am guessing
> this should work with yours as well.

Nope, it didn't work. This system was NetBSD 1.5 on SPARC with Exim 3.32.
I'm using a custom compiled kernel that lacks IPv6 support, btw. This is
the message I got in the paniclog:

IPv6 socket creation failed: Protocol not supported

This is the output I get when I run "/usr/exim-3.32/bin/exim -bd -d9":

Exim version 3.32 debug level 9 uid=0 gid=0
probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (compatibility mode)
Caller is an admin user
Caller is a trusted user
originator: uid=0 gid=0 login=root name=Charlie Root
port = 25
listening on all interfaces (IPv4)
LOG: 0 PANIC DIE
IPv6 socket creation failed: Protocol not supported
search_tidyup called

> Everyday, I mean every single day someone tells me that IPv6 would
> never work out. And I shrug and tell them, I use it coz it helps my
> firewalled boxes to be alive as real boxes on the net..

Well, if it helps someone, I guess it's worthwhile, ain't it :)

> Anyway, I am happy that someone on linux is trying exim+Ipv6. The more
> the better;-)

Yep - my chance to make Exim just that much better :)

Phil