Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
A: Phil Brutsche
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start
On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 02:20:15PM -0500, Phil Brutsche penned:

> Linux on Intel - stock Debian 2.2, with libssl from Woody (custom compile
> and all that) since the libssl in a stock Potato install is a little too
> old for the TLS support in Exim to work.

Ah. Philip emailed me about this problem. Unfortunetly, as I don't run
linux (well till my last weeks install of Mandrake 7.[ugh]), I have'nt
tested exim-Ipv6 on this.

> This happened on an number of PII and PIII systems so it's not just this
> one computer.

> I should probably try the same config on FreeBSD & NetBSD (I have my
> kernels compiled without IPv6 support on those systems) and see what they
> do... (runs off to compile 3.32 on a SPARC IPX :( )

I have tested this and it works on Net and OpenBSD. So I am guessing
this should work with yours as well.

>>> On systems that do have IPv6 support, Exim consumes all CPU time by
>>> writing this to the paniclog:

>>> 50 accept() failures: Invalid argument

>> Ok, this is bad. What platform(s)?

> Stock Debian "potato" 2.2. With an updated libssl (Exim's TLS code won't
> work with libssl 0.9.4) and an updated modutils to support the 2.4 kernel.

[...]

> I think that would be a good idea - people keep telling me that we'll be
> using IPv6 Real Soon Now but it's little crap like this that's going to
> make us stay with IPv4.

Everyday, I mean every single day someone tells me that IPv6
would never work out. And I shrug and tell them, I use it coz it helps my
firewalled boxes to be alive as real boxes on the net..

Anyway, I am happy that someone on linux is trying exim+Ipv6. The more
the better;-)

-Kevin

--
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies.
        -- The Book of Bokonon / Kurt Vonnegut Jr.