Re: [Exim] Mailman: problem with exim settings

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mailman: problem with exim settings
At 23:36 +0100 8/8/2001, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
>On Wednesday 08 August 2001 17:05 pm, Greg Ward wrote:
>> AFAIK, Mailman never touches your /etc/aliases file. For
>> Mailman-under-Sendmail, it's up to the admin to manually edit
>> /etc/aliases every time a new list is added. For Mailman-under-Exim,
>> assuming you use the scheme documented in Nigel's How-to document, you
>> only have to edit /etc/aliases once: to add "mailman" and
>> "mailman-owner". You should not have have any other Mailman-related
>> entries in /etc/aliases.
>
>I know, which is why I was a little concerned to find them there. The entries
>were created using the newlist command in the ~mailman/bin directory... which
>gives this output:
>
>Entry for aliases file:
>
>## foo mailing list
>## created: 08-Aug-2001 stuart
>foo:                     "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post foo"
>foo-admin:               "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner foo"
>foo-request:             "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd foo"
>foo-owner:               foo-admin

If running as root when doing Mailman's newlist, it is possible* to do

newlist blah blah >> /etc/aliases

This has been mentioned in the mailman mailing list, so someone might have
copied it. But I doubt that Stuart did it without remembering. This much
was put in a few releases ago because people were pestering Barry for
automatic appending to /etc/aliases.

--John

* I don't think it's a good idea, but it's possible.  (It's particularly
not a good idea if > hasn't been blocked from overwriting the target file
at one's shop.)
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA