[Exim] using exim on a LAN

Author: lee engel
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] using exim on a LAN
hi,

I need some help.

I have installed exim on a FreeBSD 4.2 (stable) machine with the following
setup:

outside workld <-- SMTP server/firewall <--- BSD box on LAN

All mail destined for the outside world needs to get handed over to the
smtp server on the firewall. What would I have to put in my exim
configuration for this to happen ? Also, how does sendmail come into play
with all this ? Would I need to change stuff in sendmail.cf ?

I am a complete newbie when it comes to mail and I would appreciate all
the help I can get ?

Regards,
Lee Engel

Systems
UUNET SA, a WorldCom Company
(o) +27.21.658.8571
(f) +27.21.658.8552
(m) +27.82.389.5004
http://www.uunet.co.za or 08600 88638
Documentation is the castor oil of programming. Managers know it must
be good because the programmers hate it so much.