Re: [Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install d…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install docs
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:48:47 -0700, Chris Seberino
<seberino@???> wrote:

>I have. I'm pretty confident that if one reads the entire
>book one can install exim but one should be able to do
>a quick install from reading the quick install section
>don't you think? My concern is having to go on
>a scavenger hunt thru a large document to get
>all pieces necessary to install.

i think that if you read the README file, and then carefully read the
Local/Makefile and the default configuration file, then you can arrive
at a working exim installation pretty quickly if you have any chops as
a UN*X admin at all. you do need to pay attention to both of those
configs though; there are valuble clues inside.

richard