Re: [Exim] SMTP Timeouts sending mail

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Andrew Johnson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] SMTP Timeouts sending mail
That is a pretty good thought which I hadn't considered, although
what I'm not sure of is if this affects the initial connection to Exim. I
can understand how a lookup to a blocking site may hang your
email *after* you have said who you are.. But at what point in the
mail transcript does it connect to the blocking site?

-Andy-

On 2 Aug 2001, at 14:20, Mike Richardson wrote:

> Today we had the same problem as reported by Suresh Ramasubramanian
> and it turned out that we were still using the mail-abuse site in
> our anti-spam measures. It was turned off today we think and thus
> DNS lookups were failing. Anyway removing mail-abuse cured the problem.
>
> Mike
> --

Andrew Johnson, Technical Consultant
Drive Computer Services
Tel +44 (0)1924 280388 Extn 223
Fax +44 (0)1924 280117
Mobile +44 (0)7970 284594
Email : andrew.johnson@???
{
The contents of this communication (plus any attachments which may be
included along with it) are solely intended for the individual(s) and/or
group(s) listed as a recipient above. None of the contents should be relayed
in any form to any third party without the prior consent of the author.
All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.
}