Re: [Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install d…

Autor: Nils Ketelsen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install docs
On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:28:33PM -0700, Chris Seberino wrote:

> 300+ pages to install a program!!!!! How did you guys all know about
> "touch /etc/aliases" and other steps?

Well, my Logfile said something like "/etc/aliases: could not open" or so.
It was pretty obvious, what was missing.

> Please feel free to comment.

I think its wrong to expect something complex like a Mailserver runs without
any efforts, while everybody thinks its okay, that you need a
drinverslicense for something simple like a car. Or a ship, maybe in your
case ;-)

Just my 0.02EUR.

Nils

--
Well... It all started with a typo in a safe sex pamphlet. By the time
I discovered I didn't really have to use a condor every time, I'd kind