[Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install docs

Author: Chris Seberino
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install docs
I want to love exim. I successfully got it to SEND mail by following
the
simple compilation directions (create Local/Makefile, make; make
install, etc.)
It was either this or trying to RECEIVE mail that required "touching"
/etc/aliases since exim expected that file to exist.

The problem is that install docs give the impression that installation
is a few step process that is quick and easy. They fail to mention
that they have omitted a few steps
like the "touch /etc/aliases" that I only got from this mailing list.

I am trying after, leaving this problem for 6 months, to RECEIVE
mail again with exim. My fear is that there are more hidden
steps like "touch /etc/aliases" that are left out of the quick install
section. Please help. Yes I printed the entire exim manual. Please
don't tell me to RTFM. A newbie like me should not have to read
300+ pages to install a program!!!!! How did you guys all know about
"touch /etc/aliases" and other steps?

Please feel free to comment.

Sincerely,

Christian Seberino

| Dr. Christian Seberino  || (619) 553-7811 (office1) |
| SPAWARSYSCEN D73C       || (619) 553-2564 (office2) |
| 53560 HULL ST           || (619) 553-6307 (fax)     |
| SAN DIEGO CA 92152-5001 || seberino@??? |