Re: [Exim] starting exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. \(Hons\) G8TIC
A: exim
Cc: exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] starting exim
----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???>
To: "Midwest Mold" <midwestmold@???>
Cc: "exim" <exim-users@???>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Exim] starting exim

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Midwest Mold wrote:
>
> > First I will appologize for my ignorance in needing to ask this
> > quetsion. I am just getting my feet wet with linux & find myself
> > stumbling more than I want to admit. That said, I am installing
> > exim-3.22 on a p90, 32 m ram, 10g hd, rh7.1. I think I have nearly
> > everything set, but I can't figure out what starts the exim daemon. I
> > did rpm -e sendmail which removed all traces of sendmail from
> > /etc/rc.d/. I think there should be something in /etc/rc.d to start exim
> > shouldn't there?
>
> Yes. If Exim is installed so that /usr/sbin/sendmail is a symbolic link
> to the Exim binary, then the normal command for starting up sendmail
> actually starts an Exim daemon instead. The options are deliberately
> compatible for just this reason. You need to arrange for the command
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q15m
>
> (where you could use the path to the exim binary instead of
> /usr/sbin/sendmail) to be executed at boot time. (And choose your own
> queue runner interval if you don't like 15m.)
>
> I'm not a Linux person, and not familiar with RPMs, but given that there
> are now ways of completely removing sendmail, perhaps somebody should
> generated a suitable /etc/rc.d for Exim. I think the problem is that
> this stuff is very operating system specific.

I use the following script in /etc/rc.d/init.d to start and stop exim.

I also have three symlinks (after having renamed/deleted sendmail):

    ln -s /usr/exim/bin/exim /sbin/exim
    ln -s /usr/exim/bin/exim /sbin/sendmail
    ln -s /usr/exim/bin/exim /usr/lib/sendmail

Mike

#!/bin/sh
#
# exim      This shell script takes care of starting and stopping
#           Exim - *the* alternative MTA to sendmail.
#
# by Mike Tubby (mike@???)
#
# Note: chose a sensible time for queue runs in the "-bd" option on
# your system below.
#

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions