Re: [Exim] Frozen messages...

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tabor J. Wells
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: kend
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Frozen messages...
On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:29:35PM -0400,
kend@??? <kend@???> is thought to have said:

> Hey, all. I just noticed I've got about a bazillion frozen messages;
> none of them show in mailq, but when I check /var/spool/exim/log/mainlog,
> it shows them, and /var/spool/exim/input certainly has them sitting
> there. I've done an "exim -qf", to no avail. (Hell: I had it as a
> cronjob, just for safety's sake.)
>
> Bottom line: what am I doing wrong?

They probably don't show in mailq because I'd bet mailq is linked to an
old installation of sendmail. Try 'exim -bpu'.

As for delivering them, 'exim -qf' isn't going to do to get them off of
your queue, since you haven't addressed the underlying problem why they
are being frozen in the first place.

Look at your log files to determine why they are freezing. Or you can
do something like 'exim -d9 -M <message-id>' where "<message-id>" is one
of the queue ids you found by doing 'exim -bpu'

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality