Re: OT: Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim

Author: Kevin Sindhu
To: Rainer Link
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: OT: Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim
hi guyz,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 01:37:08PM +0200, Rainer Link penned:
> Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>> > I know this is an ugly beast, but as a favor to someone who
>> > did decide to buy this AV, I am compelled to ask if anyone has
>> > gotten it to work with exim (The person decided to change MTA from postfix
>> > to exim).

> Several setups do exits, i.e. running InterScan VirusWall SMTP on port
> 25 and piping then the mails to the exim's sendmail wrapper. Please read
> the Admin Guide :-)

Heh...yes that's where I am coming from;-). Basically its a
SMTPD-Proxy which then pipes stuff to the read SMTP running on a
different port.

>> [obThanks] FreeBSD ports of Amavis rock ... /usr/ports/security-amavis-perl-10,
>> make install clean.
> Well, amavis-perl-11 is current (but there are isses related to
> FreeBSD/perl) *sigh*
> Moreover, IIRC the FreeBSD port works only with sendmail (using the
> sendmail relay hack).

Well, amavis will not work with "VirusWall". It simply
does not fit in with amavis.

>> Compiling it on linux is a process that includes installing about a dozen
>> perl modules (and that too, downloading each one, and its dependencies from
>> CPAN by http as I don't have rDNS and CPAN's servers kick me off if I try the
>> CPAN shell ...) and then building half a dozen arcane archivers (zoo, arc and
>> such). Then find out that the LHA RPM I'd installed is broken, and download
>> and compile a fresh LHA from a link in the Amavis list archives. At 3 AM,
>> yet :) Phew!
> Really?! So, you're using the "wrong" Linux distro ;-) But, hum, yes,
> there's no amavis-perl/amavisd RPM for exim right now ...

Nah...not really that hard. I have compiled amavisd on NetBSD before
and it took about 20 minutes to get the stuff working *shrug*

-Kevin

--
Schwiggle, n.:
    The amusing rotation of one's bottom while sharpening a