Re: OT: Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: OT: Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim
Rainer Link [exim-users] <31/07/01 13:37 +0200>:
> Several setups do exits, i.e. running InterScan VirusWall SMTP on port
> 25 and piping then the mails to the exim's sendmail wrapper. Please read
> the Admin Guide :-)

Urgh :)

> Well, amavis-perl-11 is current (but there are isses related to
> FreeBSD/perl) *sigh*

Ah. Wondered.

> Moreover, IIRC the FreeBSD port works only with sendmail (using the
> sendmail relay hack).

Not exactly. The makefile is very simplistic in the freebsd amavis port -
and I've taken the liberty of editing it.

I just edited the CONFIGURE_ARGS value ... changed --disable-exim to
--enable-exim, and added --disable-virusbackup to prevent my /var from
filling up in a few hours.

This last was done after finding out the inevitable consequences of running a
busy system with several winduhs based (and sircam infected) lusers :) [you
might make that a default setting, perhaps?]

> Really?! So, you're using the "wrong" Linux distro ;-) But, hum, yes,
> there's no amavis-perl/amavisd RPM for exim right now ...

/me was building amavis on (surprise, surprise) redhat. So you are likely
right :)

    -suresh