OT: Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Rainer Link
Para: exim-users
Asunto: OT: Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> > I know this is an ugly beast, but as a favor to someone who
> > did decide to buy this AV, I am compelled to ask if anyone has
> > gotten it to work with exim (The person decided to change MTA from postfix
> > to exim).

Several setups do exits, i.e. running InterScan VirusWall SMTP on port
25 and piping then the mails to the exim's sendmail wrapper. Please read
the Admin Guide :-)

> [obThanks] FreeBSD ports of Amavis rock ... /usr/ports/security-amavis-perl-10,
> make install clean.

Well, amavis-perl-11 is current (but there are isses related to
FreeBSD/perl) *sigh*
Moreover, IIRC the FreeBSD port works only with sendmail (using the
sendmail relay hack).

> Compiling it on linux is a process that includes installing about a dozen
> perl modules (and that too, downloading each one, and its dependencies from
> CPAN by http as I don't have rDNS and CPAN's servers kick me off if I try the
> CPAN shell ...) and then building half a dozen arcane archivers (zoo, arc and
> such). Then find out that the LHA RPM I'd installed is broken, and download
> and compile a fresh LHA from a link in the Amavis list archives. At 3 AM,
> yet :) Phew!

Really?! So, you're using the "wrong" Linux distro ;-) But, hum, yes,
there's no amavis-perl/amavisd RPM for exim right now ...

best regards,
Rainer Link

--
Rainer Link  | Student of Computer Networking
link@??? | University of Applied Sciences, Furtwangen, Germany