Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Trendmicro Viruscan with exim
Kevin Sindhu [exim-users] <30/07/01 16:37 -0700>:
> I know this is an ugly beast, but as a favor to someone who
> did decide to buy this AV, I am compelled to ask if anyone has
> gotten it to work with exim (The person decided to change MTA from postfix
> to exim).

Tell your friend to use Amavis - that plugs into exim, postfix, qmail,
whatever. And Amavis plugs into Trend Micro, NAI, Kaspersky etc.

What antivirus scanner you use remains transparent to exim.

[obThanks] FreeBSD ports of Amavis rock ... /usr/ports/security-amavis-perl-10,
make install clean.

Compiling it on linux is a process that includes installing about a dozen
perl modules (and that too, downloading each one, and its dependencies from
CPAN by http as I don't have rDNS and CPAN's servers kick me off if I try the
CPAN shell ...) and then building half a dozen arcane archivers (zoo, arc and
such). Then find out that the LHA RPM I'd installed is broken, and download
and compile a fresh LHA from a link in the Amavis list archives. At 3 AM,
yet :) Phew!

    -suresh