Re: [Exim] RBL and interface used for queries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL and interface used for queries
At 10:18 +0200 7/27/2001, Oliver von Bueren wrote:
>basehost.domain.com    192.168.10.100
>... some other addresses...
>mail.domain.com        192.168.10.104

>The primary host address in this example is the .100 one, but all mail
>is handled through the .104, which is also the one allowed for RBL
>queries. I've seen the configuration item local_interfaces, but the
>description is that this "only" defines the listening addresses for
>smtp traffic. Has this also some influence in which address is used
>for the dns lookups?
>
>Anybody else has this problem?

In our case, the published DNS server address and published MX address are
the same...the machine thinks its primary address differs.

The DNS queries were going out under the machine's IP; that was causing
problems with the notify process in DNS.

So we used BIND's (recent BIND) option
        query-source address x.y.z.a;
which tells it to talk as that address.

This may or may not help you.