[Exim] RBL and interface used for queries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Oliver von Bueren
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] RBL and interface used for queries
Good day.

As the RBL access from maps get's ACL'ed and only the defined
IP-Adresses can query, how do I get exim to use an IP address for the
DNS queries other that the primary host interface? The situation on my
server is as follows:

basehost.domain.com    192.168.10.100
... some other addresses...
mail.domain.com        192.168.10.104

The primary host address in this example is the .100 one, but all mail
is handled through the .104, which is also the one allowed for RBL
queries. I've seen the configuration item local_interfaces, but the
description is that this "only" defines the listening addresses for
smtp traffic. Has this also some influence in which address is used
for the dns lookups?

Anybody else has this problem?

       Cheers,
       Oliver