Re: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm

Author: Chris Bayliss
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm
> I started a new archive file and all went quiet for a while. My helpdesk
> have now forwarded an example which is not picked up by the filters.
> This contains a % in the filename. I'm not a perl expert. Is this likely
> to be the reason why the filter does not pick the file up?
>
> Chris Bayliss
> TSG IS ICSD The University of Birminghsm

Thanks to suggestions from others we've worked out what is going on. Quoted
filenames all seem to get picked up, but unquoted ones don't if they contain
characters other than alphanumerics, dots and hyphens.

We've tried replacing [\\\\w.-]+ with .+ in the parts that match the
filename. This seems to work. I'm not aware of any pitfalls but if anyone
can see any I'd appreciate any advice in this area.