Re: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm
[ On Tuesday, July 24, 2001 at 14:47:56 (-0500), Felipe wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm
>
> I'm experiencing a big problem with W32/Sircam, many of mails are sent with
> that worm
> and I wish to implement these filter..
> Can you explain me how to do it?.. please..
>
> In witch part of configure file must I put thise filter??

I'm actually not using Exim myself, so unfortunately I can't even begin
to hint at how to implement it for you.

The draconian measure I implemented with my own mail server (Smail) was
to simply limit the maximum message size to 100,000 bytes. All
instances of the SirCam worm I've seen are larger than this (and almost
all valid human-generated e-mail is smaller).

I cleaned up initially with this command run in the incoming spool dir:

    rm $(fgrep -xl 'I send you this file in order to have your advice' *)

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>     <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>