Re: [Exim] M4 [Was: W32/Sircam worm]

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nils Ketelsen
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] M4 [Was: W32/Sircam worm]
On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 09:31:56PM -0700, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> > +++ Phil Pennock [exim-users] <24/07/01 21:18 +0200>:
> > > Nigel, you maintain the filter, don't you? Interested in my M4'ised
> > > version, which means that the extensions and text only need to be
> > > updated once each, then you run m4 to get the real system filter?
> > That'd be a great idea - please post it.
> Maybe the whole configuration file should be M4'd. After all, what email
> admin hasn't used M4 for managing such systems (or am I showing my age?)

Many have migrated to exim, for having a Mailer that doesn't need M4. Its no
Problem to make the M4-Makros, as long as the Configurations stays readable.

Exim is on its way from readability, I guess. Some of the more comlicated
Features are quite difficult to write and VERY difficult to read (remember
the SMTP-AUTH discussion on this list?). But, nevertheless, the main Part of
the configuration is more understandable, then most M4's are.

So M4 could be a nice feature, as long as we do not get the
Sendmail-problem: There you have to use M4. No questions asked. Only way
out: Define sendmail.cf as your main hobby. ;-)

Nils

--
Gibt's eigentlich auch schon emacs-Einbauküchen?

[nico.hoffmann@??? (Nico Hoffmann)
zum Thema "vi-Tassen" in de.alt.arnooo]