Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Kevin Sindhu
CC: hanasaki, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Kevin Sindhu wrote:

> First Off, I am sick of people sending mail with subject: URGENT.
> Remember you are asking for help here, and no-one gets payed for helping
> you.

It's also not a good idea to ask for my help in an urgent way at 5 pm
(my time) on a Friday afternoon. I work pretty conventional hours, and
although I do sometimes look at mail in the evenings and weekends, there
are plenty of times that I don't.

It also doesn't help to send me personal mail. If I receive a personal
message that is asking a general Exim question, I just add it to my
folder of incoming mail from the list, and treat it as if it had been
asked on the list. (I will, of course, treat personal mail about (for
example) security exposures more urgently. At least until I understand
the issue.)