Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying

Autor: hanasaki
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying
Well the idea was not send email to a listserv that advertised I had an open relay and no idea how to close
it. That is a major security risk and urgent, IMO. Anyone using my server for bad things would likely create
a bad image for both my domain and the software, exim, that was being abused.

It turns out the problem was my running exim from inetd, which resulted in all hosts looking like they were
localhost. Yes I know it was probably in the manuals somewhere and did see a reference to something that, at
least to me, didn't make sense at the time.

Thank you everyone that posted answers.