Re: [Exim] where in exim.conf are system wide filters writte…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] where in exim.conf are system wide filters written ??
Philip H. wrote:
>> No, it doesn't. If I added "in the main configuration" to every
>> reference to every main option in Exim, the manual would not only be a
>> whole lot bigger, but it would read very clumsily. However, in this case
>> there is already a scribbled note in my copy of the manual to clarify
>> this information, and I'll try to make it clearer in the next edition.

Well, it would only have to be for the options which are not mentioned one
way or the other in the config file which 'make install' installs in the
absence of an existing config file.

And it may be that the system filter is now common enough that it should be
in that default file, commented out with the typical good short description
as found in that file. Along with the setting for the amount of the body
which is visible to the filter, and sample associated drivers in their
proper places.

But that too could get out of hand easily (and wouldn't help existing
sites). Documentation is the hard part. Always.

--John