Re: [Exim] Using exim with IMP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: randall ehren
Cc: Jan Suchanek, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Using exim with IMP
To be a bit more verbose. The problem you are having has nothing to do
with headers. Errors (Eg, nondelivery reports) are sent to the address
specifices by the _envelope sender_ of a message, which is not always
necesarrily contained in the headers. Exim is accepting a message from
the user "wwwrun" (or whatever id...), and since unix systems typically
are multiuser, and you dont normally want uses to be able to completely
forge the origin of their email, it (like sendmail) is forcing the
envelope sender to match the actual user logged in. Obviously in your
case this is not desirable. If you tell exim to "trust" the webserver
user, ten it will accept whatever envelope sender it specifies. (You of
course need to make sure IMP is properly specifying the envelope sender.
The most reliable way of doing this is by using bsmtp to inject the
message, but IMP is probably using "sendmail -f", which is and has
always been a hideous interface. (Not to mention with conflicting
documentation))