Re: [Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: Exim-Users
CC: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting
"Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing@???> probably said:
> I've seen this type of fetchmail/exim interaction show up for a couple
> people according to the email archives, but I haven't seen a real
> solution other than to use the local_domains option.

My fetchmail/exim configs to my laptop are quite simple. Been working
fine for me for the last couple of years.

-----
poll <pop.host.remote> proto IMAP
no dns no envelope
user "pir" pass "<password>" is "pir" here
mda "/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -f %F %T"
smtpaddress disapp.pir.net;
no rewrite
ssl
-----

My laptop is called disapp. disapp.pir.net is the only thing in the
local_domains. pir.net is where I want any non-local and non-qualified
mail to go. You could use 'localhost' in the same way I use
disapp.pir.net.

-----
MDOM = disapp.pir.net
RDOM = pir.net

primary_hostname = MDOM
#qualify_domain =
qualify_recipient = MDOM
local_domains = "@"

host_accept_relay = "127.0.0.1"
-----

Deliver most system mail to me locally and anything sent to
pir@???. Punt everything else off to pir.net.

directors
-----
# root, postmaster, uucp, etc, should always go to a central place
toadmin:
  driver = smartuser
  domains = "*.RDOM"
  local_parts = "root:postmaster:exim:news:usenet:uucp:daemon\
                 :lp:sys:adm:cyrus:auth"
  new_address = pir@${primary_hostname}

renamedom:
driver = smartuser
domains = @
local_parts = "! pir"
no_more
new_address = ${local_part}@RDOM
no_verify
-----

I smarthost all mail from my laptop to my main mailserver, over SSL SMTP
AUTH.

routers
-----
smarthost:
transport = remote_smtp_moek
driver = domainlist
route_list = "* mail.pir.net bydns_a"
host_find_failed = defer
-----

I tidy up the non-system addresses.

rewrite
-----
# If its from any of the admin addresses, leave the from side alone.
^(?i)(root|postmaster|exim|news|usenet|uucp|daemon|lp|sys|adm|cyrus|auth)@ * Ff
# otherwise, rewrite the froms.
*@@ $1@RDOM Ffr
-----