Re: [Exim] RBL Domains

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mark S. Guz
Para: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL Domains
Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> [mailed and posted]
>
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Mark S. Guz wrote:
>
> > I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I was woken up this
> > morning by my monitoring service telling me that all 5 of my mail relays
> > had gone down.
>
> > A little investigation led me to see that they were not
> > down but taking a long time to respond. It turns out this is due to a
> > duff server in the rbl domains.
>
> We'll need a little more detail on what is going on with the particular
> RBL servers.

i have the following in my config file

rbl_domains = dialups.mail-abuse.org/warn : \
        blackholes.mail-abuse.org/warn : \
        relays.mail-abuse.org/warn : \
        relays.ordb.org/warn : \
        or.orbl.org/warn
rbl_log_headers

The offending server, which I deleted and have misplaced its name ;-(
was causing exim to take 30-60 secs to respond to connection attempts,
presumably because it was dead and it had to wait for a tcp timeout
before moving on to the next one.

My beef was that exim did not put out and error message to this effect
and left me guessing .

> > This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You
> > should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the
> > intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately.
>
> Yikes. I can't quote your message in a response to the list. But I will
> quote this sig on
>
> http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
>
> when I update it next.

**sigh**

If i had a penny for every jumped up self important geek on mission to
show the world how stupid every one else is on the net, I'd be a very
very very rich man.

Kudos to you, you obviously ubercool super geek.

**bigger sigh**

> -j
>
> --
> Jeffrey Goldberg
> I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html
> Relativism is the triumph of authority over truth, convention over justice
>
> --

Mark S. Guz
Senior System/Network Engineer
IT

Scotland On Line
Technology Park
Gemini Crescent
Dundee DD2 1SW

Tel + 44 (0) 1382 429000
Fax + 44 (0) 1382 429001
http://www.scotlandonline.co.uk

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You
should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately.

It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute nor form
part of a contract or unilateral obligation.

relate to the official business of Scotland On Line Limited shall be