Re: [Exim] Re: pop before smtp; which popd ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
Para: Steffen Herold
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re: pop before smtp; which popd ?
[ On Wednesday, July 18, 2001 at 10:13:45 (+0200), Steffen Herold wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: pop before smtp; which popd ?
>
> Thanks for your tip. It seems to be great. But for exim I must use a popd
> which support virtual mailboxes and passwd files.
> So I'm searching for those. There is no whoson patch for vm-pop3d or
> gnu-pop3d.

Last time I looked at Cyrus IMAPd it as trivial to add the hook to the
whoson library so taht it could send records of authorised hosts to
whosond.

(Cyrus IMAPc is a virtual mailbox system that can handle its own
authentication and authorisation too. It's also POP3 compatible of
course.)

> Do whoson create a file for relay_hosts? Can you show me your whoson.conf
> and the entry for it in your sendmail.conf?

The whosond process keeps track of the authorised client hosts and so
you have to put a little call to the whoson library to query whosond
when checking for relay authorisation. (the beauty of this is you just
run one whosond no matter how many pop/imap/smtp servers you have, and
it's fairly resilient to failures too)

I've not done that for Exim, but I did it for Smail and it was very very
easy to do (and whoson support is now available as a compile-time flag
in Smail). My whoson.conf file is almost the example one verbatim.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>     <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>