[Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Carl B. Constantine
Para: Exim-Users
Asunto: [Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting
I have a domain that is hosted at an ISP. All my mail goes to the ISP. I
use fetchmail to download my mail to my linux box to read it in Mutt. I
had to tweak a couple things in /etc/exim/exim.conf in order to get exim
to work nicely with Fetchmail. What would happen is I would receive my
mail through Fetchmail and Exim would deliver it right back. Checking
the FAQ and archives I found reference to a change that seemed to work.
I have the following lines in my exim.conf file:

qualify_domain = duckwing.ca
local_domains = localhost:duckwing.ca

duckwing.ca is the domain that my ISP is hosting for me. I could not get
fetchmail and exim to work nicely together without this change.
(actually only the local_domains seems to be relevant).

Anyway, the problem I've encountered with this setup is I can't send to
another user in the duckwing.ca domain. For example, I can't email my
wife who gets her mail on our Mac from my Linux box. I get an error back
from Exim saying "unknown local part USERID". I assume this is because
Exim thinks my linux box is the duckwing.ca mail server and there is no
user on my system for my wife.

I did some checking in the docs and didn't find anything that directly
fit my situation. There were a couple of allusions but nothing clear.

Can anyone help me with a better config to get this to work correctly?

advTHANKSance

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.4)               http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!