[Exim] All mail-->single user-->IMAP directories

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Adam Warner
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] All mail-->single user-->IMAP directories
Hi all,

[I've tried using the search engine to find answers to these queries.
The closest I've come is a post by Philip Hazel regarding forwarding
mail using smartuser].

I'm a new exim user (running on Debian unstable). Here's is what I want
to achieve:

1) All mail sent to *@whatever.domain goes to a single user (i.e. I
don't want rejections saying the user is unknown). Yes, I want any mail
sent to multiple domains to go to one sole user (me).

2) That mail is moved to the home directory of another user (the mail
will be accessed using IMAP) while also sorting the mail (e.g. from
mailing lists into specific directories).

NB: To/from headers are NOT changed at step 2. This is just a convenient
way of accessing the mail that does not clutter up the home directory of
the default user (the IMAP server is already successfully set up).

3). [Optional extra] Any outgoing mail sent through the server is
archived in a sent directory (and can be accessed remotely using the
IMAP server). I suspect this could be achieve quite satisfactorily at
the client end (e.g. using an outgoing filter rule in evolution).

If it is wise for me to not move the mail to another user I will make
that change. It currently has the benefit of (a) leaving the mail
directories separated for backup purposes and (b) allows me to use a
different password to access the mail.

Thanks for any tips. Should I be trying to do this using procmail
instead (I'm new to that as well)?

Many thanks,
Adam Warner