Re: [Exim] Exim 3.31 -> new woody debs with new callback pat…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: exim-users
Temas antigos: [Exim] Exim 3.31
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.31 -> new woody debs with new callback patches
On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:34:19AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Exim 3.31 is now available:
>
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim-3.31.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim-3.31.tar.bz2

I've created new debs, with an updated version of one of my two patches:
ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/people/merlin/exim-3.31-woody-99.1/exim-callback_and_gooderrmsg.diff
Exim had issues with error messages on mail rejection that weren't always
very useful.
This patch adds overkill messages that give a lot more info, as well as
gives an explicit reject when the sending server is refusing empty envelope
froms.

This patch also adds the "sender_verify_callback_postmaster" option
(disabled by default) which lets you make sure that the calling domains
accepts mail for postmaster before you accept mail from them.
This only works if you are already using SMTP callback to start with.

I'm to blame for all of it :-)

Marc MERLIN <marcsoft@???/marc_bts@???> 2001/07/06

Source and binary packages can be found here:
ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/people/merlin/exim-3.31-woody-99.1/

Feedback on sender_verify_callback_postmaster is welcome.

Cheers,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key