Re: [Exim] 3.31 with minimal compiled-in stuff won't fscking…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] 3.31 with minimal compiled-in stuff won't fscking compile
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> I'm worried about a world in which you can't assume that a mail
> administrator who compiles his own programs knows as much about
> his system as you do. Even if the assumption is wrong, you should
> be allowed to make that assumption, at least until he pays you to
> know about his system.

actually, i think that whoever feels skilled enough to compile a
program for herself should be familiar with terms like "compiler",
"linker", "include path", "library path", and all the like. this is
pretty much the same you expect a unix admin to know some scripting
language or something.

sure, make it as easy as possible, we're all lazy afterall :), but if
it takes too much to make it easy, and it makes the end product too
complicated (say, detecting every known system under the sun and set
things accordingly), then, better don't do it.

my 2 cents :)

--
[-]
"`rendes' `thread library' `unix' - ezeknek nincs kozos gyokuk" -- redax