Re: [Exim] Query: exim rejects based on too many retries

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Query: exim rejects based on too many retries
+++ Philip Hazel [exim-users] <03/07/01 15:14 +0100>:
> Suresh, I'm afraid this is FAQ. See Q0534.

Blast ... should have expected that :)

> In fact that isn't what it says. It certainly doesn't say the message
> has been in the queue for too long, and there *will* be further retries,

Heck - there's "this message has been in the queue for too long" error
... at least from what I can gather from what the guy read out to me over the
phone. Should have waited for the full error mesg before I mailed the list,
let alone "should have RT the FM" :(

> Exim is saying "this host has been dead for a very long time; there's no
> point in retrying for a while". You can change the behaviour - see the FAQ.

Thanks :)

    --suresh (off to whap myself upside the head and take a cold shower)