Re: [Exim] backup outgoing mail

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Frank Neuber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] backup outgoing mail
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Frank Neuber wrote:

> I need a way to setup a central backupsystem for outgoing mails.
> All outgoing mails from a list of users should be backed up, e.g to an
> extra mailadress user-backup@domain. It is possible to do this with header
> rewriting?

No-no-no-no-no. This is a routing problem, not a rewriting problem,
and nothing to do with headers.

One easy way to do this is to use a system filter. Read up about system
filters. You would have a filter command along these lines:

  if
    "${lookup{$sender_address}lsearch{/some/file}{yes}{no}}" is yes
  then
    unseen deliver backup-address@???
  endif

This is untested.