Re: [Exim] I dont want to use smarthosts.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] I dont want to use smarthosts.
* Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@???> [20010626 03:34]: writing on the subject '[Exim] I dont want to use smarthosts.'
Stuart> My exim install was part of the Debian distribution I installed months ago,
Stuart> as part of that setup I was asked for my isp's SMTP relay, which is now being
Stuart> used as a smarthost.

First you need a static IP from your ISP. Do you have that??? What is your
connection type? Dialup? ISDN? DSL? You'll need more than a mere dialup
connection for this.

Stuart> Up until now I've always just used the smtp server of my ISP in my mail
Stuart> client, however after a series of mail delays I've decided to use my own smtp
Stuart> host.

It is your mail (SMTP) Server (and _not_ 'client')
If your ISP delays mail deliveries then you should find out why that
happens from the Systems Administrator.

Stuart> However it's still using their relay as a smart host. Is there any
Stuart> way to not use smart hosts and have the mail sent directly to the recipients smtp
Stuart> server?

Get the results of the above conditions then come back to the list. You'll
get more help, I believe.

Like Patrick von der Hagen said, you _really_ don't want to make that
change now.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

We must combine the toughness of the serpent with the softness of the dove, a
tough mind and a tender heart.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.