Re: [Exim] I dont want to use smarthosts.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick von der Hagen
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] I dont want to use smarthosts.
On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 05:56:38PM +0100, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
[...]
> Up until now I've always just used the smtp server of my ISP in my mail
> client, however after a series of mail delays I've decided to use my own smtp
> host. However it's still using their relay as a smart host. Is there any way
> to not use smart hosts and have the mail sent directly to the recipients smtp
> server?

Since you are using Debian, you can easily change the exim-behaviour by
using "eximconfig" as root.

But I am rather sure that you don't really want to run an own
SMTP-Server delivering mail directly. No offence meant, but I doubt a)
that you have the knowledge to do it and b) that you are willing to
spent enough time to aquire that knowledge.

And if your ISP is competent, the dynamic IPs you will get should be
listed in DUL, so many recipient SMTP-Server will reject your mails.

--
CU,
Patrick.