Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

Author: Rick Byers
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis
On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> > This looks exciting, but I'd like to send the fail at SMTP time, as most
> > bounce mails would just clog up my queue. The system filter is too late,
> > and I'm waiting for Exim 4 ACLs to have my cake and eat it :)
> >
> Set your RBL(s) to /reject rather than /warn. Then use
> recipients_reject_except to do a lookup in whatever form you'd like for
> the addresses that opt out of it. I'd also recommend keeping your
> support/postmaster/etc addresses in that list as well.

Ahh, cool - I didn't realize they interacted. Does
recipients_reject_except work on the original recipient address, as
opposed to the final delivery address though? I.E. if I have a user with
20 aliases (virtual domains etc) all pointing to him, would I have to have
an entry for each of his aliases - or just one entry for his direct
address?

> By the way, the MAPS RSS and DUL catch far more than the RBL itself. I'd
> highly recommend using those in addition to the RBL.

Yes, I'm using all three. Although, due to some people who refuse to use
a smart relay for their dedicated xDSL/cable mail servers - I might not be
able to get away with using the DUL :(

Thanks!
    Rick