Re: [Exim] dbm updates

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] dbm updates
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Phil Chambers wrote:

> I am running on SGI IRIX and that now has a single-file dbm option called mdbm.
> That is what it now uses for the NIS maps. However, it requires the use of function
> calls with "mdbm_..." names rather than "ndbm_..." and different arguments, so I
> would have had to change all the calls in the exim source to use that. One wonders
> how many more dbm variants we will end up with!

No, you wouldn't have had to change all the calls in the Exim source
code. All you would have had to have done would be to define a new set
of macros in the header file dbfn.h and add a new USE_MDBM macro.

At least, that would have been all you needed to do provided the
arguments that are available in the macro calls could be massaged into
the values needed for the mdbm functions. This is probably the case,
since they can already be macro-generated into ndbm, tdb, and various
flavours of Berkeley DB.